Thank you for the sympathy. Yesterday was better and today is doing ok so far. Yesterday:
- I took Junior out for his post-breakfast nap, so I got a walk. He only slept for 30 minutes but when he woke was happy to look at the passing clouds and leaves so it was quite pleasant
- We walked to the post office where I kicked up enough fuss (and enough money) that they decided to release my domperidone
- On the way home I sat in Starbucks for 10 minutes, read the paper, ate a cheese and Marmite panini and had a few sips of a decaf skinny mocha, no whip
- In the afternoon our current nanny decided to bake a cake with Pob, which Pob thought was a blast, and she also took charge of Junior for 45 minutes so I walked round the corner and sat with my book and a decaf cap in our local deli
- My mum came round to put Pob to bed as H was out for the evening. Pob loves her Granny
- Both children went straight to sleep
It was a much better day.
This morning, I got a call from that nursery school. They're very sorry they sent that letter out. They had a class full of siblings so very few places for new children. But one of the siblings has pulled out since they are moving to the country, and Pob was top of the list for a place, so, would she like it?
I feel better. I also feel conflicted as now I actually have to make a decision about whether the school is right for Pob since she will almost certainly get in to another, closer school which is a bit more relaxed. But it's good to be wanted.
I need a new title for the blog. Any ideas? I've been musing on some combo of 'evolving infertility', 'Post-post-infertility', 'Evolutionary parenting' but nothing seems very catchy or particularly witty. I've always regretted choosing the original title in a hurry on a day when I just wanted to start writing NOW NOW NOW, so I'm prepared to spend a bit more time trying to be creative this time. I don't feel right letting go completely of the infertility part, even though we won't be doing treatments again. I used to study evolution, hence that reference. The blog won't be just parenting so I don't want to major on that too much, although it will be a part of it. Your creativity much appreciated.