- Listened to my baby scream on and off for most of the morning while I tried to get him to nap, gave up but then could not constantly hold him but put him down occasionally to answer the phone/make myself a sandwich/eat the sandwich/brush my teeth etc.
- Dealt with some work crap
- Tried to get a hair appointment booked for the first time in 5 months, involving juggling my temperamental colourist, my hair cutter, my MIL for baby-sitting, and my own timing. Plus the salon reception
- Heard from a nanny agency that they don't have anyone else to send us who is a good fit for our position (short version of long story, the current nanny is not working out)
- Heard that the nanny we were interviewing tonight had accepted another job
- Heard that the nanny we invited back for a second interview isn't interested
- Heard that Pob has been turned down by the nursery school we want her to go to (WHY WHY WHY?? How can anyone turn us down - we are lovely and Pob is remarkable!)
- Got told by inhousepharmacy.co.uk that the domperidone I need to keep my supply going has been impounded by the post office and it's not their problem and they will not resend until the end of the week despite there being a mail strike and despite its essential nature to my life*
It was a bit of a crap day.
* Updated to add, they have now agreed to resend, but said it may take up to a month. I am buggered.