Good news is that the follicles grew this weekend. I'm not sure how much, but the smallest ones (all the ones on one ovary, I think the left) are at about 13-14mm, and the largest is a big monster around 20mm on the right ovary. There are five on the right ovary, but only three that the doctor thought would be big enough and in the right place to retrieve. There's a lot of complexity as two are (i) on top of each other, (ii) one of the two is small anyway, and (iii) both are exactly behind the endometrioma, so they may not be able to get them out.
When they've got the E2 results they'll see how much longer they want to go on in the hope that the smaller ones catch up a bit, without going over the top and losing the good looking ones on the right. So it looks like minimum three, maximum eight follicles will be aspirated. Apparently they may just decide to pierce the endometrioma and dose me up with IV antibiotics to cope with that trauma. Sounds a bit scary.
And, she said as we left the room, the consultant may decide to cancel and try for a better cycle since, and I quote, "this response is not what we expected from you and if we try again it might be better, and the follicles less awkwardly placed." She did also say, however, that if it was up to her, she'd go ahead, if only for the additional data they'll get about our eggs/embryos from going through the process.
Please keep making the sacrifices to the relevant fertility symbols for me. I'm feeling a bit more hopeful, which of course means that I'll come crashing down when they call this afternoon and tell me it's all over.