Day 2 results look ok:
E2: 172 (46.87 US)
The FSH is exactly what it was last cycle, although the LH is lower. Should I worry about that? According to Dr ICU (for it was he), I am good to take Buserelin starting on day 21, i.e., 17 days from now, then come in for a scan 14 days later. [Ignore the next bit about E2. It is only interesting as an artefact of how focused on worrying I am. It took Nico to point out that I had read the page wrong. I saw the upper limit as 50, when it clearly says 75. I guess I'm looking for problems!!]. The E2 seems to me to be on the high side, although it's just below what would constitute a problem. Although note the voice of gloom on that page: "Levels on the low end tend to be better for stimulating". Sheesh. I'm hoping that since that site measures day 3 levels, and mine are day 2, that partially explains why they are a little high. That's reasonable, right?
Because otherwise this would be a really boring post, and in a desparate attempt to stop myself from obsessing about those numbers, I decided to respond to Larisa's tag (by the way, I was ridiculously flattered by this. I nearly didn't notice as I always assume no one would be interested in what I have to say on any meme, but my name just popped out at me as I scanned the blog. Thank you!). I have to admit to pinching one or two verbatim from Larisa. Seems we have quite a bit in common!
7 things I plan to do before I die...
1) Be a mother
2) Weigh 140 pounds, at least for a few months, just to see what it feels like to be really slim
3) Make a difference at an important charity
4) See Australia and New Zealand
5) Work for love, rather than money (see number 3)
6) Get my husband to watch all seven seasons of Buffy with me
7) See every Shakespeare play live on stage
7 things I CAN do...
1) Get people to tell me things they didn't originally want to tell me
2) Understand what other people are feeling
3) Remember every single thing that was said during a conversation or an argument, even years later, and play it back, much to the annoyance of the other person
4) Cook - healthy and unhealthy, I always make plenty and it's usually delicious
5) Recite Jabberwocky. Word perfect, with lots of sound and action. I once seduced a guy this way
6) Recall phone numbers, or indeed any numbers, eerily well
7) Read at the speed of light, and retain what I read
7 things I CANNOT do...
1) Play sports that require hand-eye coordination
2) Stay patient
3) Do a swan dive (in yoga - I don't bend at the waist easily)
4) Paint or draw
5) Complete things *before* a deadline (I meet deadlines, but just)
6) Go a day without eating some kind of chocolate
7) Stop buying books
7 things that attract me to the opposite sex...
5) Sense of humour
7) Twinkly eyes when he smiles
7 things I say most often...
1) Do you like me? (irritating schtick I do with H)
2) I'm so pissed off I got fat again
3) I can't believe we don't have a baby already
4) I love you
5) Tell me more about that...
6) It would be fabulous if... (usually to one of my teams)
7) Does that make sense to you?
1) Sam Shepherd
2) Simon Schama (ugly but oh so smart)
3) Patrick Stewart (alt.fan.sexybaldmen veteran!)
4) Rupert Everett (yes, I know he doesn't want to sleep with me but he's so gorgeous, and this is a fantasy list anyway, let's face it)
5) Cary Grant (it doesn't matter that he's dead, right?)
6) Dar Williams
7) Liam Neeson