IUI#1, Day 10.
Dr ICU is slightly less unpleasant in person than he was on the phone. Yes, it was he who did my scan this morning. A bit of the racing driver phenomenon (nyeeeeeeeaah, round the corner, vrrrrroooooooom, vrrrroooooom, nyeaaaah (sorry cannot find the right way to type racing car noises, but basically it's lots of vigorous moving around the corners without much warning)), but not as much as the one I had on day 2. He also did the v disconcerting thing of frowning a lot at the screen, looking worried, and at one point turning to the student who was in the room to say: "Can you see the endometrium? It's not very well defined..." Given the numbers below I think it was a screen thing rather than a problem with my lining, but who knows. He also said nothing for the first 5 minutes or so, which is also very disconcerting. So I was very disconcerted.
H eventually saw I was a little tense, and asked if I was ok, at which point I got up the courage to say: "I just need to know what's going on". Then Dr ICU started letting me know what he was doing, frowning all the while.
- Good news: Lining 9.5mm
- Good/bad news: Right side: One follicle at 20mm, one still at 11
Left side: Four follicles: 15, 14, 14, and 13mm
- Bad news: My temperature was up this morning
So it looks as if one egg has either already gone, or is about to go, and the others won't be ready. I know that's not a disaster, but it's so much less than I was hoping for. They will wait for the bloods and decide at lunchtime if we should come in tomorrow for insemination or wait til Monday -they don't do inseminations on Sundays.
Update: E2 is 2601 (708 US), LH 3.5.
So I haven't ovulated and don't seem to be about to. Thank goodness. Dr ICU told me that I need to come in for a scan tomorrow, and in the meantime stop the Puregon. If there are four follicles at more than 17mm they will cancel the cycle. If there are three or less, they will go ahead. I asked him if he had any clinical evidence that it made sense to cancel the cycle with four follicles given my age, and he said "It's not clinic practice to give patients clinical evidence". GRRRRRR. I asked him if there was any scope for discussion on the issue, he told me "It's clinic policy, if you'd read the material we gave you, you would know that". GRRRRR.
This conversation went round in circles somewhat until I gave up. Scan at 08:30 tomorrow. Wish me luck. Not sure what to wish for at this point, I guess it's three follicles at 17 or larger, and that the other two stop growing. Wierd to wish for something that the research says is less likely to get me pregnant, but there you go.